An All-Inclusive Civil Construction, Clearing and Access, and Project Management Company.
Halfway River Frost is a professional, First Nation owned, industrial services company that has been providing quality civil construction, full phase harvesting, and contract management services to Northeastern British Columbia since 2013. HR Frost manages up to 150 employees and subcontractors at peak work loads. Halfway River Frost provides the Halfway River First Nation with valuable employment opportunities on industrial projects in and around Halfway River First Nation traditional territory.
- Road Construction
- Lease Construction
- HDPE Lined Pond Construction
- Bridge Installation
- Underground Utility Installation
- Pipeline Right of Way and Lease Clearing
- Full Phase Timber Harvesting and Delivery
- Forest License Management
- Environmental Management
- Construction Safety Services
- Quality Control
- Cost Estimates
- Contract Scheduling
Health and Safety
Halfway River Frost is dedicated to safety first, every time. We continually strive to lead the industry in workplace safety. HR Frost has full time, qualified National Construction Safety Officers on staff to ensure our employees and contractors have the best safety support available on every project. We are CORE and Forest Safety Council Certified and registered with ISNetworld and ComplyWorks.
As prime contactor on many of our projects, Halfway River Frost has experience effectively managing the environmental demands of project work in Northern BC. We have environmental specialists on staff, and our management and operators are experienced and knowledgeable at completing quality work on environmentally sensitive projects.
HR Frost completes work while adhering to Quality Management Programs, and staffs a quality manager as well as quality control field personnel. HRF's quality programs include regular inspection and testing plans that cover survey, density testing, Proctor compaction testing, sieve, test plots, and drone surveys. HRF also has grade control equipment to provide our clients with a high-quality product.
First Nations employment
Halfway River Frost prides itself on a proven track record of employment and capacity building for Halfway First Nation members, resulting in long term benefits for the Nation. We provide essential safety training programs, quality coaching from experienced supervisory staff, and valuable equipment hours to interested and motivated members.
BC Hydro - Reservoir - Site C Clean Energy Project:
- 643 Hectors of Heli Grappling, Handfalling, Mulching and Conventional Logging
- 1004m of Steel Girder and Mabey Bridges Installed
- 48.5km of All Season and Winter Road Constructed
- 45,000 m3 of Archaelogical Soil Stripped and Relocated
BC Hydro - Onsite - Site C Clean Energy Project:
- 800,000 m3 Waste Material Relocated | 14km of Road and Railside Construction
- 70km or Right of Way and Lease Cleared
- 30km Right of Way Reclamation
- 2,500 m3 of Soil Reclmation Complete